Monday, July 26, 2010

Which makeup brand for a beauty novice?

So I'm 13-a novice at makeup. I've scoured many many sites looking for a good brand to start with. I already own a few makeup products, like CG lashblast(loove it) wet 'n' wild charcoal eyeliner(pretty good,not the best), and hollister lipgloss(smells yummy). But i really just want to find a good brand that I can stick with for now(my teen years). one that's afordable, yet high quality. Right now, I am really likin mark and e.l.f. but i'm not sure which of the two is a better brand for me personally or just in general quality. of course, e.l.f. is cheaper, but is it better?? plz give any advice! thanks!Which makeup brand for a beauty novice?
I personally don't spend a lot on eyeliner. So you could just buy 99 cent eyeliner by Wet 'n' Wild or New York City. I would never buy foundation or mascara from these brands though. You are using a good mascara now. Maybelline has good foundations. If you have breakouts or anything like that, their mineral makeup is good. You can get good bronzers by New York City, which is sold at Target. If you want to splurge, then you could buy a cheek or lipstain by Benefit. I also like the lipsticks by Maybelline. I also love this lip gloss called Amazemint by Cover girl. It is super minty and it has good colors. Also if you want to splurge a little, then go to Sephora. They have nice nail colors made by Sephora too. You can get travel sized perfume that is reasonable there. Congratulations, you are on your way to becoming a makeup junkie like me. I started to steal my mother's makeup at 12. lolWhich makeup brand for a beauty novice?
If you have an acne problem, get Neutrogena oil free makeup.


If you don't have to worry about that stuff quite yet, then i definitely recommend the new Maybeline Colorstay makeup.
A lot of makeup brands, no matter what the price, are hit and miss, meaning some of their products work, some don't.





I like Elf eyeshadows and eyeliners, but would not use their foundation, concealer or blush, for foundation concealer and blush go for Mark, the more expensive brand.





I wear any brand of lipgloss and it works the same, and ELF lipglosses come in lots of yummy flavours and fun colors.





Some of my favorite drugstore finds are:





Neutral eyeshadows: Covergirl shimmering sands


Lipstick (natural color): Rimmel airy fairy


Lipbalm: Carmex


Lipgloss: Rimmel east end snob


Lipliner: Rimmel east end snob


Bronzer: Physicains formula, all of them are great


Blush: Loreal true match blush in innocent flush, a natural peach shade.





Hope I helped : )
CG, nutrogena and j.a.n.e are all really good and pretty affordable. you want to also fit your make up with your skin and personality. so look for make up for your skin type (color and maybe oil free or acne control) but also find shadows or eyeliner that fits your personality. you can really use tons of videos off youtube to find different ways of applying make up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment